Nominate outstanding K-6 mathematics and science (including computer science) teachers now for this award year. Applications are due by May 1, 2018.
Who is Eligible
The following are eligibility criteria for applicants. They must:
- Teach mathematics or science (including computer science) as part of their contracted teaching responsibilities at the K-6 grade level in a public (including charter), or private school.
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Be a full-time employee of the school or school district as determined by state and district policies, with responsibilities for teaching students no less than 50% of the school's allotted instructional time.
- Have at least five years of full-time employment as a K-12 teacher during which mathematics or science (including computer science) has been a part of the applicant's teaching duties prior to the 2017-2018 academic school year.
- Teach in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Department of Defense Education Activity schools, or the U.S. territories as a group (American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and U.S. Virgin Islands).
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Not have received the PAEMST award at the national level in any prior competition or category.
Nominate a Teacher
OMB No: 3145-0035