The deadline for nominations is April 1, 2014. The nomination form should be completed early enough to ensure that the nominated teacher is given enough time to thoroughly prepare an application that reflects exemplary teaching prior to the application deadline. Applications are due by May 1, 2014.
Nominate outstanding elementary, grades K-6 mathematics and science (including computer science) teachers now for the 2014 awards.
Who is Eligible for Nomination in 2014?
The following are eligibility criteria for applicants. They must:
- Teach mathematics or science (including computer science) at the K-6th grade level in a public or private school.
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Be a full-time employee of the school or school district as determined by state and district policies, and teach K-12 students at least 50% of the time.
- Have at least 5 years of full-time, K-12 mathematics or science (including computer science) teaching experience prior to the 2013-2014 academic school year.
- Teach in one of the 50 states or the four U.S. jurisdictions. The jurisdictions are Washington, DC; Puerto Rico; Department of Defense Education Activity schools; and the U.S. territories as a group (American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Not have received the PAEMST award at the national level in any prior competition or category.